Thursday, January 23, 2014

We are expecting...YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wanted to share these adorable booties one of my co-workers made for me.  They are just so stinking cute!

Since we don't know what we are having she put a blue ribbon on one and a pink ribbon on the other.  I can't wait until Baby Sievert arrives and can wear these!  Thank you so much Karen!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014


My friend Casey's bachelorette party was on Halloween weekend.  She did a costume theme for the party.  Casey dressed up as a zombie bride and Kelly and I dressed up as zombie bridesmaids.  We made quite an awesome zombie bridal party!  I wanted to make her something crafty to remember the event.  I saw a couple different links for exploding boxes on Pinterest and thought that would be a perfect crafty item.  I used Halloween themed cardstock and embellishments.  I even surprised myself by how cool the finished product is!

Here is a view from the side and from the top.  I did three layers for my box.  This is the out side layer, front and back.  Some of the pictures were too big for the small squares so I cut the pictures in half and put them next to each other on the folds.  Lining up the spider web border was a bit frustrating.  I wanted to make sure that when I folded the box up that all the spider webs made a continuous line around the box.

Here is the middle layer, front and back.  I did not put pictures in the center because once I glue all the pieces together you won't see the center.

Here is the inside layer, front and back.  I did put a picture in the middle on one side.  When you open the box up you will be able to see this side.  Sorry about the glare on some of the pictures...

Here is the box put together.  The middle and inner layers are still folded up like a box and you can see the outside layer.

Here the outer and middle layers are unfolded.  You can see why I put the picture in the middle of the final layer.

Now all layers are unfolded.  Again, the glare sucks but you get the general idea.

Then you fold each layer up and put on the lid and you have a beautiful box of pictures!

For the lid...I used a drawer pull knob as the handle.  Then I glued some black crotchet flowers around the knob.  I used purple fun fur yarn to attach some metal charms.  I used a snake, skull, and 2 spiders.  Then I put washi tape around the edge.

Happy Crafting!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Easter is only a few months away.  Last year I made this Easter wreath to hang on my front door.

Super easy to make, just time consuming!  I bought a foam ring.  I wrapped the foam ring with light green fun fur yarn, around and around and around...  That was the putzy part.  I then attached little chicks and Easter eggs that I had found a the dollar store.  To hang it I just used wide pink ribbon.  Super easy and super cute Easter decoration for your house!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Cereal Box Mail Sorter

So, I decided to make something to sort our messy pile of mail.  I then started to search Pinterest for something that appealed to me.  I finally found a style I liked and thought, hmmm I could probably make that out of cereal boxes.  Since I don't eat cereal, I had all of my friends saving their cereal boxes for me :).  After some time and elbow grease, this is what I came up with.

So, after I had gathered my cereal boxes from my friends, I went looking for scrapbooking paper that fit the design idea I had in my head.  Since my living room decor is safari/animal print, I found papers that would fit into that theme.

First I made a stencil, then I traced that stencil onto the cereal boxes and then cut along the stencil line.  I then glued the 3 cereal boxes together.

I then covered the back, sides, and part of the front with brown faux leather paper.

I then covered the back and front of the inside of the 3 cereal boxes with green palm tree paper.

I then covered the sides of the inside of the cereal boxes with animal print paper.  I did each box a separate animal using giraffe, zebra, and leopard print paper.

For the bottom of the insides of the cereal boxes I used a grey paper.  On all four sides of the outside I used green hand made paper to add texture, ripping the top edge also.  In the front I stapled on a scrap piece of burlap I had.

I had papers that had borders on the bottom of animals.  On the sides and back I used the giraffe border (this took 2 sheets of 12x12 paper) and on the front I used the elephant border.  I adhered a Tim Holtz name plate to the front of each box.

For the names in the name plates I hand cut them out of paper, wrote the label on them, and then put liquid glass from close to my heart over them (this helps so the ink doesn't smear and the paper doesn't get dirty).  I then glued them into the name plates.  Oh and I did that before I adhered them to the cereal boxes.  For the feet, I found some miniature wooden urns that I liked.  I first painted them brown and then I used a bronze glaze over that then glued them onto the bottom of the boxes.  TADA!!!!  I was super excited with how it all turned out.  It fits the decor in my living room and looks so much better than the messy pile we had.  Now...if I could just get my husband to empty his mail out of there...!

Stay Crafty!