Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canning Frenzy

What a busy day today!!!  I have been canning pretty much all day.  My friend Zoi gave me a ton of tomatoes, like 50 cups diced!  Yesterday I did most of the chopping: onions, jalepeno's, green pepper, and of coarse all those tomatoes!  So today I made 20 pints of salsa, 10 pints of marinara, and 4 pints of diced tomatoes with garlic and basil.


Here are the fruits of my labor :)   I used the same recipe for salsa and marinara that I used last year, just switched it up a little bit.  I added cilantro to the salsa and zucchini to the marinara.  The diced tomatoes I kind off made my own recipe after looking at several different recipes online.  Only 1 jar of salsa did not seal...love hearing that popping sound.  Everything else sealed.  So I guess that's the jar of salsa we eat first lol!  I also made a spicy mustard for my husband and I to try, its still chillin in the fridge.  Later this week I plan on trying my hand at Jalepeno jelly and rhubarb marmalade.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: