Friday, August 10, 2012

Yarn Letters

So I've been seeing all these cool ideas on pinterest (I'm seriously addicted!) using yarn to wrap items.  So I decided to give it a try myself.  I wanted to wrap a letter to use as decoration on our front door.  Here's how it turned out.


Fortunately it turned out better than I thought it would :)  So I used a variegated yarn to wrap the letter with.  The green flower I found at Hobby Lobby and hot glued it on.  The white lace in the center was just a bit of scrap lace that I ran a stitch through and then pulled tight to make it puffy then hot glued that to the green flower.  I made the corsage pins myself and just stuck them in.  My friend Chrys introduced me to them and now I am addicted.  I make them to put on almost all of my scrapbook pages and other projects!  Here's a close up of the flower.


As you can see, I used a couple of different beads to make the corsage pins.  Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Someday you and Chrys will need to show me how to blog...love your page! And love your yarn wrap!

    ReplyDelete