So the other day I was on Pinterest (big surprise!) and I saw these cool felt flowers on a lampshade. I thought that was the perfect way to dress up my lampshade! For supplies I had 2 pieces of ivory felt and Spare Parts brads from Hobby Lobby, and designer brads from close to my heart. The lampshade I've had for awhile.
So above are the brads I used, I wanted a different brad for each flower for variety.
Above are the flowers I cut out. I made three sizes per flower, small, medium, and large. To cut the flowers I made a little snip (you can see the snip in the middle) inserted the brad I wanted and basically free cut the flower around the brad. I then but the second layer on and cut that around the 1st layer just a bit larger, and then the same with the 3rd layer. To add dimension I added a stitch to each petal on the 2nd and 3rd layers. I then put them all back on the brad and turned the leaves until I liked how they looked. To attach them to the lampshade I just used a single stitch and tied them on. I played with them a bit first to find that perfect layout.
Here is the finished product.
Some up close pics.
And the entire finished product!!!! The whole thing took me about 1 1/2 hrs to finish. Looks so awesome in our bedroom!!! Hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for stopping by!